Service Engineer for Entertainment Lighting Company, Tokyo
Work for a growing global technology company
Opportunity to work with cutting-edge lighting equipment on a day to day basis
- A global entertainment lighting company focusing on cutting edge lighting technology
- Operates in 10 countries with over 1,000 employees
- Established 1975, the company has been consistently expanding around the world ever since
- Repair of faulty equipment
- Determines repair need with customer
- Evaluates and installs/repairs equipment at customer's venue, as designed by ETC, to ensure the correct equipment is installed and is working as designed and specified.
- Performs effective end-user and technician training and ensure client understands the operation of installed equipment.
- Employee Travel: This position is a field position requiring up to 80% of work occurring outside of an ETC office (Occasional work in the evenings and weekends required).
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similarly related degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks without general supervision.
- Business Level English and Japanese
- Good knowledge of the use of electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeter, scope, amp-meter)
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic measuring devices
- Ability to travel frequently to customer location
Not Required but Desired Skills:
- Entertainment (esp. Theatrical) lighting experience or rigging background a definite advantage
- Certificate of Registration of Electrical Worker
- Customer service experience
- Experience with mains voltage and 3 phase electricity
- The ability to work hands on with cutting edge lighting technology
- The ability to travel and interact with customers
- Opportunity to join a growing global tech company