Performance Reporting Finance Analyst
Attractive Remuneration Package
Career Growth Opportunities
Our client is an oil & gas company which has established a Business Service Centre (BSC) in Kuala Lumpur that provides Finance, Tax and IT services to global and regional businesses. The main goal of the BSC is to deliver value added services and enhance process transformation for the various Business Units in the company. The BSC is part of an integrated network of business service centres that support Strategic Performance Units (SPU) operations globally to provide cost optimisation and process standardisation through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies, operational excellence benchmarked to industry standards, and World-class Human Capital Development to build an "Asset Talent Pool" that consistently delivers high quality performance.
- Support significantly larger and/or more complex entities and has a good understanding of the nature of the business and the economic environment in order to execute activities effectively.
- Coordinate the prompt and accurate recording of financial transactions (e.g. ledger entries, journal postings, fixed asset postings etc.) in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and tax analyses through liaison with the Statutory Tax teams and external auditors if required.
- Monitor open and overdue items and communicate and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate staff.
- Review reports generated by the GA & Reporting Account Executives to validate data and provide constructive input while ensuring submission in a timely manner if necessary.
- Resolve or further escalate any complex issues faced.
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Support customers in having a good understanding of the general ledger and group reporting pertaining to the respective parties.
- Liaise with other GBS Asia internal teams to ensure that the data being entered into the ledger is accurate.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary.
- May carry out supervisory responsibilities such as planning, assigning and directing work, and providing feedback and coaching to team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting.
- Japanese language competency.
- Shared service centre experience.
- JDE system experience.
An opportunity to work with a global company with attractive remuneration and career growth opportunities