Finance Manager - Global Retail Manufacturer
Opportunity to start a manufacturing plant for a global retail brand
Chance to grow the business and eventually hire your own team
The company is a global retail manufacturer looking for a finance manager for their new manufacturing plant in Fukui. The company's design and manufacturing standards are unmatched in the industry and their product is often regarded as the highest quality within their field.
The manufacturing plant is a start-up environment and is located in Fukui. The successful candidate will have the choice of relocating to the Fukui plant location or controlling the plant remotely from Tokyo and making business trips to the plant when needed.
The company is looking to grow the plant from around 5 employees to over 20 by the end of next year and this is an exciting position for anyone interested in the operations and back-end of what goes into running a fashion brand. The successful candidate will also be reporting directly to headquarters and business partnering with the leaders in the head office.
- Day to day responsibility for all aspects of accounting i.e. G/L, A/P, A/R and collections
- Preparation of daily and weekly management and cash flow reports. Additionally budget preparation.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements packages for senior management, and budget preparation.
- Management of fixed assets.
- Manufacturing cost calculation.
- Prepare required schedules for the preparation of local and corporate tax returns
- Be the primary point of contact with the bank for daily operations and credit facility
- Handle all bank transactions and make all necessary payments
- Reconcile bank transactions to accounting system
- Assist with the governmental fillings of tax returns and other requirements, e.g. JCT returns, income tax returns, payroll returns, fixed asset returns etc.
- Assist management on other reports and other accounting matters as needed
- Payroll data preparation.
- Support procedure of on-boarding and off-boarding staff
- Support recruitment of new staff.
- General HR responsibilities.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant accounting/finance experience in a multinational company
- Strong understanding of J-GAAP as well as local Japanese statutory tax rules and requirements
- Fluent Japanese communication skills
- Business level English communication skills
- Entrepreneur mind set, not afraid to challenge a start-up environment
- Well-known, worldwide eye wear brand
- Start-up environment
- Report directly to headquarters and work with the business leaders overseas
- learn how to run a small retail business