Finance Controller - Leading German Manufacturer
Global Leader in its field with a strong presence in Japan
Oversee all aspects of the operations and contribute to business decision making
Putzmeister is a German manufacturer of concrete pumps and is the largest business in its field. The business was founded in 1958, and has since then, expanded internationally employing around 3,000 staff with annual turnover of EUR 750 Million.
Putzmeister also played a very big part in Japan after the nuclear accidents in Fukushima, where multiple pumps were flown into the area to stabilise the four reactors with additional water pumping capacity.
Putzmeister Japan has a small operation located in Tomisato Chiba, employing 20 staff and with an annual revenue of 15 Million Euro. They are now looking to hire a Finance Controller to oversee the back office functions including finance, HR/admin and purchasing functions, reporting to the Regional CFO.
As an integral member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the finance function including accounting, controlling and reporting
- Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
- Ensure reported results comply with JGAAP and IFRS
- Manage purchasing and general administration functions and partner with CEO to achieve sustainable profitable growth
- At least 5 years of relevant hands-on experience
- Fluent Japanese communication skills
- Business level English communication skills
- SAP or ERP system experience a plus
- High energy, hands on and motivated mind-set
- Well-known German brand worldwide
- Dominant foreign brand in its industry in Japan
- As it is a small organization, this position will have exposure to all aspects of the operation which will put you on a fast track to more senior positions
- Multicultural work environment (Regional HQ in Shanghai, worldwide HQ in Germany)