Tokyo - Supply Chain Director - Global Electronics Company
Director level role that will oversee all supply chain operations
Fast-growing business in the electronics industry
Our client is a global electronics company that specializes in the mobile device segment. The company has approximately 50 people in their Japan office and is projecting further headcount growth in the next few years.
- Partner with local country management and global SCM function to develop strategies, objectives, policies, and procedures for Japan SCM function.
- Maintain overall P&L of SCM costs and maximize operational efficiency.
- Oversee all aspects of SCM including forecast planning, logistics, warehouse management, inventory management, and purchasing.
- Lead negotiations for major contracts with customers and vendors.
- Participate in ERP system implementation and optimize its use.
- Report directly into Global SCM function.
- Manage and coach a team of staff.
- At least 10 years of supply chain experience
- Experience in the electronics or consumer goods industries
- People management experience
- Experience reporting to global function
- Native level Japanese speaker with business level English
- Global company with positive business growth
- Director-level role managing overall SCM activities
- Report directly to Global HQ
- Opportunity to manage sizable team
- Competitive salary package