- No Japanese language profociency required
- Work in an ego-free environment
About Our Client
Our client, a leading global financial institution is seeking out the ideal candidate to occupy the role of Technical Support- joining it's Technology Infrastructure Team. The role will include management of infrastructure build-out, hardware provisioning, asset management, troubleshooting, on-going support on both desktop hardware & software components, and multimedia event planning/support. In some regional offices, the Technical Support candidate will be responsible for providing data center services support, cabling and patching support. This is an opportunity to step up and take the lead in a technical role. Join us and transform your career!
- Workplace hardware and software support including desktop, blackberry, market data, IPT.
- Required physical lift and shift of workplace hardware including PCs, Monitors and other equipment.
- Provide on-site second level support to the internal personnel as well as high touch support for Platinum users.
- Manage the life-cycle of all workplace equipment including procurement, scanning inventory, provisioning and disposal.
- Continuously create, update, and publish documentation relating to existing and new procedures.
- Support Move, Adds and Changes.
- Power downs execution, BCP site maintenance and support.
- Identify and resolve points of failure in production systems, escalating to other Goldman Sachs technical staff, or third party software vendors as necessary.
- Partner with engineering team to manage all workplace related projects including pilot testing.
The Successful Applicant
Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years working experience supporting the financial industry
- Thorough knowledge of desktop hardware, telecom, multimedia, and BlackBerry Ownership of issues and prompt escalations
- Planning and organization - given the dynamic nature of the environment the candidate will need to be able to track the status of and complete multiple tasks simultaneously while working in parallel with the other Technology teams
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows7/10, Linux and Citrix. The qualified candidate should have thorough knowledge and troubleshooting skills with the GS desktop build and the software distribution process
- Effective communication skills - The position will require the candidate to be in direct contact with end users from many areas on a daily basis and the corresponding support teams.
- Must be responsive and be able to efficiently document all working tasks and outstanding issues
- Teamwork - The position is the one most visible to the end users for their technical support; the candidate must be willing to help other teammates and to work together as a team to accomplish the daily responsibilities
What's on Offer
- An opportunity to improve technical knowledge and take on more responsibilities
- A great company to be affiliated with
- Earn competitively