Technical Support Engineer
Small Company with Excellent Work Environment and Diverse Job Duties
Opportunity to Travel Inside and Outside Japan
About Our Client
The company develops, manufactures and distributes gate systems and software for ticketing and access control, and is a global player in its market. Consisting of hardware components and software solutions, using barcode and RFID technologies, these systems are especially for use in skiing areas, stadiums, convention centers, theme parks and public transport. With headquarters and production in Europe, the company operates 9 branches in 6 countries with a total of about 150 employees.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and application software
- Installation and commissioning of systems on site
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems
- Troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Support customers with operational questions with our systems (user support), including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Replacing parts as required
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Communicating customer needs and wishes to our development and engineering staff
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Technical Support Engineers may be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year
- Regular business trips inside Japan, especially to ski resorts
- Attending technical training at the headquarters in Europe
The Successful Applicant
- Education/knowledge in electronics or IT
- Knowledge of Windows OS, networks and database systems
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Communication skills and social skills - self-management and conflict management abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and teach others
- Motivated by solving problems and helping others
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed organization
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Excellent knowledge of Japanese (native level speaker) and English language in spoken and written form
- 2-3 years previous experience in a technical support role.
What's on Offer
-Excellent work environment with small team, and opportunity to make visible impact on business.
-Opportunity for adventurous person to travel and work outdoors.
-Junior Candidates will have opportunity to learn new skills, and grow professional career.