Technical Support Engineer
Opportunity to learn on new technologies
Opportunity to career development
About Our Client
Our client is one of the worldwide leaders in the cloud industry. Specifically, they host some of the world's most famous web companies and offer solutions for media streaming, web security and application performance.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. Your role will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers. You will be working directly with our customer's technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions. You will actively drive knowledge sharing and knowledge creation and will author customer facing knowledge base articles. Your role will also include feedback and ideas to improve our tools and processes and actively participate within the roll-out.
About the role
- Work to resolve technical issues related to the new Enterprise Solutions as reported by our customer's technical staff.
- Work independently with our customer's technical teams on technical issues. The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from the distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between the company and the customer's origin infrastructure.
- Demonstrate leadership and work independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalations to our product engineers.
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles.
- Subject Matter Expert of multiple product/services and work with engineering to ensure that new services can be supported as part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements to the company's services. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to implement these enhancements. You will be part of the company's best-in-class technical support team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment both locally and internationally to deliver excellent customer support.
About the Team
You will be part of the company's best-in-class technical support team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment both locally and internationally to deliver excellent customer support.
Why is this job exciting?
- You will get to work with a broad range of products
- You will constantly get the opportunity to learn on new technologies
- You will be a key player of a growing business
- You will get the chance to develop your career
- You will get to liaise with people from different countries and use both English and Japanese
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Professional experience working in technical support, engineering, IT, project management.
- Experience supporting LDAP, Active Directory, SSO, SAML.
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Familiarity with technologies like: J2EE (using Tomcat and/or Websphere) or .NET architecture, Web Services (SOAP, XML), Configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc), SQL and databases.
- Knowledge of internet and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS) and tools.
- Problem solving ability, creativity to "think-outside-the-box", proven track record in proposing and implementing new solutions for customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to both business and technical audiences.
- Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and works as a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do. Strives for results.
- Prior customer-facing experience.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Excellent benefits including life insurance, health insurance, travel insurance and company pension.