Technical Product Manager
Senior IT Position in Central Tokyo
Worldwide Leader in the Cloud Industry
About Our Client
Our client is one of the worldwide leaders in the cloud industry. Specifically, they host some of the world's most famous web companies and offer solutions for media streaming, web security and application performance.
About the Job
The Sr. Technical Product Manager will lead the identification and execution of key product initiatives that will grow the company's Security business in Japan. This position will own the success of the products in the region, working closely with the sales teams, the Product Marketing, and the rest of the Products and Development Group (PDG) to drive success through regional product enhancements and improvements to match local market requirements. This will require utilizing customer feedback, market data (competitive research and analysis), and industry trends to anticipate market, business and technology changes, and drive decisions on how to leverage these changes. The Director of Product Management will actively work across the Japan market to develop regional product strategies, determine local market product and packaging requirements, and champion regional needs.
About the Team
The Cloud Security team is a group of deeply experienced internet security professionals dedicated to driving the innovation of security products at the company and cloud based security across the industry. Team members have backgrounds from across the industry, including Internet Security Systems, Imperva, Computer Associates, Trustwave, RSA, Symantec, Prolexic and others. Our products are used today by the world's top businesses to protect and secure their web sites, web applications and data center infrastructure.
The products team works closely with engineering teams in the United States, Israel, and India. The team works collaboratively with customers, engineering and professional services teams to gain a deep understanding of customer pain points and to define highly effective solutions that can be delivered via the company's platform.
This position will report to the Vice President of Security Products of the Security Division and will work closely with customers, partners, and regional leadership including the SVP of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Provide product vision and leadership for the product lines for global markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Own the local packaging, pricing, positioning, and work closely with the Product Marketing organization on the go-to-market plan.
- Anticipate and react to major technology, business model, and market changes in order to define market strategy in a new competitive landscape.
- Maintain company leadership in the global competitive landscape within the industries relevant to the company.
- Identify market opportunities within local markets that leverage the company's existing competitive advantage, assets and relationships as well as capitalize on emerging industry trends.
- Actively develop relationships with customers and partners at the executive level, working with the Offerings and Field Enablement team and/or Product Marketing.
- Be the voice of the customer inside PDG - understand business goals and pain points and create open lines of communication to and from the market.
- Actively articulate the unit and products' vision and roadmaps to prospects, customers, and industry leaders, in partnership with the Product Marketing team.
- Effective peer leadership across various groups throughout the company - sales, account management, engineering, channels and field enablement.
The Successful Applicant
- Fluency in Japanese and Business English
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
- Very strong professional experience in the technology industry.
- Very strong experience in a Product Management, Product Marketing, or Product Development role.
- Strong experience implementing and executing product strategies.
- Experience in a similar role for a global technology company.
- Domain expertise with the following:
- Enterprise application software business.
- Internet technology - TCP/IP and HTTP based knowledge.
- Application development tools and techniques.
- Cloud computing application development trends and market landscape.
- Indirect product sales models.
They are looking for an Executive who brings:
- Strong reputation as a thought leader, awareness of technology trends and external influences.
- High degree of technical expertise and business acumen, previous general management experience preferred.
- Experience leading a product that was a new entrant to a successful result in service providers.
- Ability to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrates tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results.
- A motivating executive capable of instilling excitement and inspiring others.
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and mentoring high-performing teams and individuals. Track record of effectively managing employee performance through measurable objectives.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with people at all levels and within various functions of organizations.
- Effective communicator, ability to convey product vision.
- An analytical approach to product management - the ability to back up product features / strategy and pricing with empirical data.
What's on Offer
- Very competitive salary
- Stock options
- Excellent benefits including life insurance, health insurance, travel insurance and company pension
- Central Tokyo location