Technical Bid Management Engineer - Renewable Energies - Tokyo
International renewable energies company
High level of expertise involving a great sense of communication
Our client, an international renewable energies company, is looking for its next Technical Bid Management Engineer to join its teams based in Tokyo. You have an engineering background (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Renewable or similar) with commercial insight/interest or commercial background? You are comfortable talking in English and Japanese at a business level? This job is made for you. Apply now!
As a Technical Bid Management Engineer based in Tokyo, your role will be to ensure timely and correct responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, and lead technical negotiations together with Sales Manager and customers in renewable energies:
- Proactively drive the technical value engineering of customer projects and lead technical negotiations as an active member of the Sales team
- Ensure timely responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, as well as technical annexes and contract schedule
- Build relationships with the key technical people in your customer's organisation
- Support for local project certification and construction approval with METI
This list is not exhaustive. Other responsibilities might be added.
The successful applicant will display the following requirements:
- Engineering background (Mechanical or Civil preferred, alternatively Electrical, Industrial, Renewable or similar) combined with commercial insight/interest or commercial background
- Prior experience leading technical negotiations, ideally of heavy machinery, power plant equipment, wind energy or industrial plant environment is a plus
- Fluent in English and Japanese both spoken and written
- Travel availability (about 25% of the time)