Tech Support Analyst for research software company
Work for an international software provider of research solutions
Attractive salary and career progression opportunities
This client is a software solution company for academic and research libraries. They work closely with universities and other research institutions to make information searchable and accessible. For their clients they implement their software solution and integrate it with their own systems. To provide great service they are looking to build out their support team in Japan. Their office is in Yokohama and work times would generally be from 9:00 to 17:00 with little overtime.
- Provide world-class support to customers by always keeping a professional demeanor with customers in all interactions.
- Pull cases from a Tier 1 shared queue according to predetermined guidelines and become their owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier 2.
- Work with the Sales Force case management system to create detailed work logs and successfully help customers.
- Strive for resolution during the first call or triage by gathering information from customers and validating it to understand the customer's problem and escalate it to Tier 2.
- Follow documented procedures for technical resolve and maintain these documents to be accurate and updated.
- Develop a good working relationship with Tier 2 staff in overseas subsidiaries.
- Regularly update manager with common problems encountered and identify longer-term improvements to reduce issues in the future.
- Share information through communication channels to inform team members of important issues which may help team performance.
- University degree with experience in Library or Information Sciences would be a plus.
- Driven attitude to help customers and communicate proactively within the team to resolve issues quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in technical and non-technical terms to customers.
- Detail oriented and able to keep a professional attitude even in stressful situations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users.
- Able to follow predetermined guidelines, protocols and procedures.
- Able to quickly learn, retain and apply new information and new products.
- Results oriented, charismatic and energetic, with ability to push teammates towards the team goal.
- Experience with database and programming. Knowledge of academic libraries would be a big plus.
- Familiarity with Linux, HTML, SQL.
- Fluency in Japanese and English needed.
- Work for a great research software provider
- Permanent employment with good work environment
- Engage with interesting clients like universities and research institutes
- Attractive salary and (international) career progression opportunities