Tax Manager for Group Company (4 Business Units)
Manager 4 Business Units with full responsibility on all tax activities
Opportunity to support M&A activities and standardization process.
Our client is a global leader within Consumer Goods industry with focus on offering products for daily life to enhance people's lives.
Globally, the company is well established generating over €30 billion in revenue. Japan business has been in Japan for over 20 years and consist of multiple business units.
In the last few years the company has centralized their Tax operations and created Global Tax Center. This position will belong to the global team, and take charge of all tax related activities for the entire Group Company across 4 Business Unites.
This is a business partnering role in addition to the responsibility of statutory reporting, tax activities and project initiatives for the respective business areas.
- Specialized in Japan tax, have interest to expand tax knowledge and participate on tax related projects across Asia.
- Support to develop effective, legal tax strategies to minimize the overall tax burden and minimize overall costs associated with the tax function.
- Preparation of statutory reports; Work with local consultants to ensure timely filing of Japan operating company tax returns and accuracy of it.
- Timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other indirect taxes
- Support in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Strong knowledge of tax filling, tax compliance, and tax return preparation for Japan entity
- Experience in all aspects of tax (e.g. VAT / consumption tax, income tax, tax audit, etc.)
- Experience in developing and analyzing tax planning and tax minimization strategies would be a plus
- Ability to read / write Japanese at native level; Above lower business level English skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner effectively with internal stakeholders
- This position will be fully in charge of all tax matters for the biggest Business Unit within the Japan entity.This is going to be a very interactive and engaging position with business partnering aspect in it.
- The Tax Team is integrated into the global organisation, and will have interactions not only across all business units in Japan, but also with the global counterparts.