Tactical Site Buyer at EU based Chemical Company
Work in dynamic business
Collaborate with global teams
Our client creates necessary products for our comfortable lives. As a large chemical company, they keep providing innovative products and sustainable technology. They are currently seeking for somebody who can develop purchasing process, collaborate with global stakeholders and lead projects.
- Secure deliveries of service and products to all local sites in region in accordance with signed contracts
- Be the first escalation point of contact for operational issues for sites (late deliveries, quality issues, inadequate performance etc.)
- Drive efficiency and actively seek to optimise the procurement processes in accordance with the ALPS source processes
- Manage supplier risk by proactively monitoring changes within the supplier base or at the sites
- Support with RFQs for purchase orders for the sites in the region with assigned suppliers
- Support the procurement admin team to resolve issues with invoices, incorrect pricing or other contractual discrepancies
- Contribute in the development of sourcing strategies and the deployment of those at the sites
- Support category manager with project, contracts and supplier implementations
- Support site POs in compliance with existing contracts and commercial terms
- Lead and manage local negotiations in alignment with category managers
- Good negotiating skills and ability to engage and collaborate across sites
- Capability of working in a cross-functional and in a complex environment with different businesses and stakeholders
- Technical understanding within the relevant fields and ability to assess critical requirements related to different sourcing scenarios
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both internally and externally. Requires strong interpersonal, organisational, written & oral communication skills.
- Full proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Minimum 3 years (5 years preferred) experience of working on an international procurement organisation.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- Opportunity to utilise bilingual skills
- Well motivated working environment
- Can handle their innovative products