Excellent long-term career opportunity
Great work/life balance and use your English!
About Our Client
One of Japan's premier English language schools, this business has locations all around Japan, based out of central Tokyo. To stay ahead of industry trends, current focus is on accessibility options such as mobile apps and web-based courses for both personal use and business applications.
The main focus will be look after Linux servers that support all the web services of the company. You will have great liberty to act on the system and therefore independent judgement and initiative must be exercised regularly. Here are some of the responsibilities you may have at the start of the role:
- Building and maintenance of a new backup system
- Work on all tasks related to virtualization (VMware)
- Improvements of the existing storage systems using NetApp
- Help administrate some of the Oracle DBs
- Help with servers dedicated to web services and stage environment
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience in Linux System Administration
- General knowledge of infrastructure and network design
- Experience in Project Management, IT Security and particularly Virtualization a plus
- Fluent English. Conversational Japanese a plus
What's on Offer
This is a temp-to-perm type of position (i.e. conversion to seishain expected after 6 months at most). Salary depends on experience.