Sr. Support at Global Cloud Leader
Rapidly expanding global player in cloud computing
Exciting range of technologies to explore
Our Client is a leading company in cloud computing, providing technical management support to the IT operations of large corporations. It's a very large company with over 10,000 employees worldwide. In Japan they have 2 main offices in Tokyo and Osaka. Their Tokyo office in Akasaka, has 180 employees, and is rapidly growing with over 100 headcounts planned for 2020.
In this role you will focus on helping customers who use Automation and IT Operations and Management (ITOM) products. Among other responsibilities you will be:
- Managing and resolving challenging issues for customers, sometimes after normal business hours
- Customer facing role, with strong communication skills
- Explore a broad range of technologies
A successful candidate will have previous experience in a customer facing support role, and the following technical qualifications:
Technical skills Important skills required for the role:
- Linux/Unix System: Experience working on a Unix/Linux Server Command Line Environment and Shell Scripting
- Database: Conceptual knowledge or working knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL or MariaDB
Additional skills advantageous to have for the role:
- Cloud, Automation & Virtualisation: Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Hyper-V, SCCM, PowerShell, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Networking: Understanding of networking concepts and integration technologies
- Monitoring Tools: Prior exposure to Event Monitoring Systems or Tools such as Netcool, SCOM, NAGIOS, Hyperic, and/or SolarWinds
- Windows Systems: Experience working on Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange and PowerShell Scripting
- Storage Technology: Background in managing EMC/NetApp/HP Storage Systems
* Permanent employee
* Regular working schedule: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:00pm (1 hour lunch break) - overtime upon discretionary scheme.
* Holidays: Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays.
* Benefits: Social Insurance, transportation.