Sr. Software Development Engineer
Global prosperous company
About Our Client
Our client is ranked among the most admired companies in the world. They strive to constantly improve customer-experience and help people find and discover anything they want online. They employ the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can form strategies and make real impact to the business.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to serve as leader and consultant for their Tech team.
The team is focused on providing a best in class loyalty program for all product categories on the company's Japanese website. In addition to working on the Platform, the team integrates and works with all of the key systems including search, product detail pages, shopping cart, order pipeline, and customer service. Our client is looking for a candidate with both a strong technical influence to peers across the globe, junior engineers in the team and senior leadership and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners). Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, how the Web works, and practical experience building web based applications on large-scale distributed systems are prerequisites to be successful to this job. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
The Successful Applicant
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hand-on experience in Machine Learning, Image Recognition, AI, and/or Neural Network
- Strong software product development experience
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), large scale distributed systems, and object-oriented design and development
- Demonstrated ability to ship large scale product to customers
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and operating distributed systems at scale
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Ruby, Python, C, C++, C#, Java, R
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
What's on Offer
And for what's on offer here are several benefits that are available to all employees.
- Company stock grants
- 401K plan
- Central Tokyo work location
- 100% Flex time working environment
- Chill-out and break rooms, and internal cafeteria