Sr Sales Director, Global Consumer IT Vendor
Full responsibility over the planning and execution of the sales strategy
Manage the whole retail business for this global consumer IT vendor
A Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 company that designs, develops and manufactures data storage solutions in a range of form factors using the flash memory, controller and firmware technologies. The company markets to both the high-end and low-end sector demand for flash memory, and markets to other equipment makers as well as direct to consumers. In Japan the company has 800+ employees in 2 offices.
* Plan and execute sales strategy for Consumer and Retail Sales in Japan.
* Establish executive relationships with key customers (retail, EC, Mobile Network Operators)
* Define Sales structure (direct versus partner) for each targeted market segment.
* Interlock with key Business Unit teams to highlight and solve customer and business issues.
* Manage Sales team ensuring high motivation and industry leading professional skills.
* Develop and execute a plan to grow Western Digital revenue in targeted segments.
* Management experience in Japan consumer/retail market
* Greater than 5 years working history in a US based company
* Absolute fluency in Japanese and English, both written and spoken
* Experience in Retail/consumer sales of IT related products
* Work experience in US
* Creation and maintenance of sales business plan
* Executive level presentation skill in both Japanese and English