Worldwide succesful company
Sales engineering position
About Our Client
Our client is one of the worldwide leaders in the cloud industry. Specifically, they host some of the world's most famous web companies and offer solutions for media streaming, web security and application performance.
Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective customers. An Solutions Engineer is self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within the company. As a Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Driving revenue and creating sales opportunities by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing the company technology to existing and prospective customers .
- Design solutions for customer's business requirements using the company products / modules.
- Partnering with direct sales and executive sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of the company's services - this includes conference calls, online meetings, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow-up on all customer related questions
- Engaging and overseeing the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting the company quality control standards.
- Working on multiple concurrent opportunities of that may vary by contract value, sales cycle and industry.
- Collaborating with Sales, Marketing and other internal teams to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions
- Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI) by providing fully-documented solutions with the required technical details.
- Review proposals created by Account Executives to provide necessary input and ensure technical accuracy.
- Compliance with pre-sales processes, including account activity tracking to drive business analysis and reporting.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international, 25%+ of the time.
About the Team
Solutions Engineering is the technical side of the field sales team, a world-class organization that strives to provide the "right" solution to our customers and prospects. Our Solutions Engineers possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen - understanding customer business drivers; matching those to the company's technology, and clearly articulating complex solutions to existing and prospective customers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Strong relevant experience
- Relevant industry experience in FSI/Public/Commerce/Manufacturing/General Enterprise verticals.
- Relevant experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering or similar role delivering technical products or services.
- Pertinent experience with Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.), including an understanding of CDN and Mobile technologies.
- Pertinent experience with Internet or Enterprise Security and an understanding of basic security architecture and functional elements including firewalls, DDoS protection, etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate across all roles (presales, sales, post-sales, engineering) in a global, geographically distributed organization.
- Industry leading certifications like CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CEH etc highly preferred
- Hands-on experience in one or more web development technologies / architectures - Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java).
- Hands on experience working with some of the security technologies and tools like IDS, IPS, Log Analysis, Encryption and VPN, Identity and Access Management, Mobile Security, Networking Scanning etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients.
- Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships.
- A proven track record demonstrating good business judgement, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in the field.
What's on Offer
- Annual base salary ranging from 9,000,000 to 13,000,000 yen (depending on skills and experience)
- Stock options
- Excellent benefits including life insurance, health insurance, travel insurance and company pension.