Great working environment for creative technologists
Excellent career progression possibilities
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer is responsible for creating high quality infrastructure solutions to achieve business needs and working with onshore and offshore resources to executive projects. The successful candidate will be an expert in translating business objectives into infrastructure requirements in line with Global architecture standards.
- Assume accountability for intake of requests to IT Operations on infrastructure solutions, prioritizing the requests, and driving to completion of properly prioritized and approved work to deliver and meet expectations.
- Working with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and leadership to appropriately identify and communicate risks before and during implementation.
- Evaluate, drive consensus, and recommend relevant technology capabilities and solutions to make critical design decisions.
- Lead teams in building technology solutions, considering factors important to business stakeholders, as well as the company's strategic technology roadmap.
- Make decisions for these projects balancing cost, quality, time-to-market, and the continued expansion of the company's infrastructure technology capabilities while adhering to global standards and governance processes.
The Successful Applicant
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have relevant experience in designing infrastructure solutions
- Japanese and English - Business level
- Able to work on projects that have significant ambiguity, and translate those into functional requirements
- Able to work within a fast pace, multicultural environment
- Must have presented solution proposals and solution designs.
- Must be comfortable communicating with senior management.
- Demonstrates competence with various technologies and the ability to pick up new technologies easily.
- Able to develop and drive adoption of new technologies and work within existing technologies that allow the Technology group to scale operations to support a large business environment
- Able to collaborate with the Engineering and Operations teams during development and deployment of new solutions.
- Able to identify and articulate the best solution for the business without bias towards technology or trends.
- Able to troubleshoot, identify root cause, and develop solutions within a variety of technologies (software, hardware, and network issues)
- Experience working in similar scale enterprise (300+servers)
- Strong experience developing solutions through the use of Cisco network technologies. Working with Nexus and FCoE a plus.
- Strong experience working with solutions teams using virtual environments, preferably VMWare technologies
- Relevant experience designing and implementing server solutions on blade infrastructure, preferably Cisco UCS
- Relevant experience working with solutions teams using Windows Server
- Experience with SAN storage solutions
- Theoretical, Practical and Hands-on understanding of a wide range of technologies spanning networking, hardware, operating systems, virtualization, databases, and storage.
- Ability to size up complex situations quickly, calmly, and in professional manner.
- A willingness to work outside your comfort zone with both technology and business practices to innovate and improve the business.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Aggressive, motivated, results oriented, self-starter is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work over time or off hours when needed.
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities