Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning
Great working environment for creative technologists
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to management and delivery of projects. This position ensures client demand is matched up against IT supply and resourced effectively across the various IT departments, leveraging an efficient set of processes for work intake, prioritization and capacity and exception management. This person will help bridge the relationship between Product Analyst and the IT organization and has shared ownership and accountability with senior management for delivery of programs within their investment portfolio and is required to deliver projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- Provide solutions based on technology that are aligned with business needs
- As a development team member, deliver solutions in adherence to designs/standards that enable business goals.
- Define/review detailed designs to ensure conformance with Non-Functional Requirements
- Proactively identify risks, propose and drive solutions
- Proactively propose and drive innovation
- Achieve alignment with Global IT in terms of standards, models, component re-use and organization
- Responsible for investigating IT Operations, identifying and evaluating options for improving maintenance functionality, defining non-functional requirements and ensuring the effective IT Operation.
- Take the responsibility for development projects and deliver on commitment
- Perform estimates
- Perform code reviews to ensure the quality and robustness of the platforms as well as conformance to architecture and detailed designs
- Contribute to production support and participate in incident management to ensure fast restoration of service
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree-Graduate Degree - BSc or similar
- Japanese: Business level preferred
- English: Business level necessary
- Strong experience in software development
- Relevant experience in a primarily design based role
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical systems
- Experience developing in large project teams
- Proficiency in Scala or other functional programming language
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Proficiency in Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Hands-on experience in executing AWS-based cloud implementations and their various services such as EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions using Microsoft SQL Server (MSBI), Oracle, Redshift or any other databases.
- In depth .NET or Java
- Web application development for intranet and internet
- Object oriented programming
- Applying design patterns
- Knowledge in Data Analysis & Logical Data Modelling
- Understanding Agile development practices, including TDD & SCRUM
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skill
- Ability in influencing, persuasion, and negotiation
- Ability to work with common UML archetypes
- Explaining architectural concepts and applying them to system design
- Business level English
- Results driven, exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Focused on excellence in own work and business/IT processes
- Experience working with diverse cultures, including working with offshore IT organizations
- Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) - MCA: Solutions
- Experience with GraphX in Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Graph theory
- Good knowledge and exposure to NoSQL technologies and open source data analytics tools (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark SQL etc.)
- Experience working on ETL and BI tools like SSIS, Informatica, Activebatch etc.
- Understanding of distributed computing
- NET Frameworks: WCF, WWF, WCSF, Master Pages, ASPX.NET, AJAX
- Version Control Tools such as Bit bucket, TFS etc.
- SQL Server 2012 SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM, AXAPTA
- LINE Business Connect
- TIBCO EMS, BusinessWorks, etc or other SOA products
- Call center applications such as service request handling and related technologies such as CTI, IVR, ICM call routing, web self-servicing
- Developing distributed, multi-national, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural systems
- Service oriented/distributed systems
- Test and build automation
- Familiarity with J2EE, MSF, ITIL, TOGAF, etc
- Occasional need to work off hours, Occasional need to travel within or outside Japan
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities