Software Engineer (Entry level, JLPT N2+)
A world leader in the travel and logistics software industry
Steady growing business and company expansion
About Our Client
A leading provider of new-generation IT solutions to the global Travel, Transportation and Logistics industry. Some of the world's best airlines, busiest airports, biggest oil and gas companies, best known cruise lines, travel distributors, leisure resorts and hotels depend on the company's solutions to manage their mission-critical operations. They have over 3000 employees in over 9 global offices in 6 different countries. About 20% of their revenue comes from the Japanese market and business has been increasing rapidly. With almost no competitor in the industry, they plan on expanding their presence in Japan with plans on hiring for their growing teams.
- Plan, monitor and control identified responsibilities from requirements elicitation till software deployment activities.
- Ensure overall understanding of customer requirements, applications, design and development procedures, associated tools and technology, versions of the associated development platforms and manage its transition to the offshore development team.
- Perform systems analysis and design, system modeling, data modeling, performance modeling, integration planning and technology and component selection to ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes.
- Ensure overall understanding of the source code, application set up and deployment procedures in order and facilitate reviews/acceptance for the same.
- Creating, defining, or choosing an application framework for the application.
- Manage review activities of peer's design and code.
- Take active participation in the Software development activities like Design, Coding and UT and Design a practical, cost-effective, scalable, and incremental solution.
- Resolve complex technical issues, including leading the execution of performance and tuning exercises.
- Provide guidance and supervision for resolution of customer escalations.
- Coordinate with customer and delivery teams located offshore / other locations in order to ensure that the right level of support is leveraged to meet customer expectations.
The Successful Applicant
- Programming knowledge (preferably JAVA or Oracle)
- Business level of English if English
- Business level of Japanese (i.e. equivalent to JLPT N2 Certification or above)
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree, preferably in engineering.
What's on Offer
- A world leader in the travel and logistics software industry
- Located in central Tokyo
- Multi-national work environment
- Works with the largest global airlines
- Steady growing business and company expansion