Software Developer (Travel Tech)
Experience a start-up environment in central Tokyo
Competetive salary and company benefits
One of the world's leading hospitality companies with over 8.500 hotels in over 330 cities. Despite still being in a start-up stage, this company has grown very rapidly, with a current value of $5 billion in a matter of 5 year. They've recently opened business in Japan with massive funding, and are aiming to target the international tourism market with the 2020 Olympics being a major growth factor. They are now looking for people to join their expanding business during this exciting time of growth.
● Experienced backend developer with extensive work on NodeJS and backbone js, Ruby
● Develop new user-facing features
● Build structure, reusable code and libraries for future use
● Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
● Maintain, contribute and adhere to our programming best practices and guidelines
● Advanced understanding of emerging web technologies
● Iterate, test new ideas and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
● Learn and use core AWS technologies to design and then build available and scalable backend web services and customer-facing APIs.
● Create from the ground up a new, world-class user experience using the latest in front-end UX platforms and technologies.
● Deeply understand and work with with a variety of developer tools across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
● Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
● Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
● Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem- solving, and complexity analysis
● Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
● 3+ years of strong hands-on development experience including at least 1.5 years of real-world web development experience using JSP, Java Servlets, Java Struts, Spring, & Hibernate
● Good understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, and frameworks
● Good RDBMS skills and experience in DB/SQL
● Experience with multiple technologies - LAMP, Ruby on Rails, Python, Perl, Java, PHP
● Exposure to MVC frameworks such as Rails, Spring, Django, CodeIgniter.
● Experience working with scripting language such as Perl - to quickly roll our parsers for analysis and write small modules - is preferred
● Exposure to Postgres, Mysql (exposure to NoSQL database related technologies like MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike, Cassandra etc. is a plus)
- Start-up work environment
- Located in central Tokyo
- One of the fastest travel-tech companies
- Competitive salary and benefits