Service Desk Analyst
Great working environment for creative technologists
Central Tokyo location
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
- Provide Level 1 desktop platform support in a mixed environment (most in Win7, some Mac)
- Provide technical support for Outlook Exchange and mobile device (Android/iOS)
- Provide support for network connectivity and network infrastructure services - LAN, WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- Account administration - Active Directory accounts, permission, single sign on, ERP.
- Maintain IT (HW/SW) inventory, asset management
- Vendor management
- Provide incident support and user communication mail.
- Communicate with off-shore team in English by phone/email/chat.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills as customer facing first line of support for operational applications and end user compute technology.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand and organize complicated problems, and communication skills to have both business users and overseas IT team members correctly understand the issues at hand (in both English and Japanese - in writing via email and orally via conference calls)
- Judgment and ability to prioritize correctly and act quickly (including escalations) based on consequences such as effect on business, by organizing and analyzing complicated problems rapidly and accurately
- A willingness to work outside your comfort zone with both technology and business practices to support the business.
- Maintains documentation of policy and procedures.
- Ability to manage execution of assigned tasks to meet committed deliverables on time, on target.
- Results driven, exceptionally self-motivated and directed, keen attention to detail, and strong sense of personal accountabilities
- Able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- May be occasionally assigned roles of similar scope and complexities when business situation arises
- Ability to work over time or off hours when needed.
- Occasional need to travel within or outside Japan
The Successful Applicant
- Fluent Japanese and Business level English
- Strong helpdesk/desktop support in enterprise environment experience.
- Solid understanding of Windows OS, MS Office, Exchange, mobile, networking principles (Vlan, routing, network protocols, WiFi, DHCP, DNS, VPN).
- Experience of OS image deployment.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service in-person, on the phone or via email.
- Strong documentation skills, self-sufficiency, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and make repetitive tasks efficient
- Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) - MCA: Solutions
- Technical Experience
- Experience with GraphX in Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Graph theory
- Good knowledge and exposure to NoSQL technologies and open source data analytics tools (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark SQL etc.)
- Experience working on ETL and BI tools like SSIS, Informatica, Activebatch etc.
- Understanding of distributed computing
- NET Frameworks: WCF, WWF, WCSF, Master Pages, ASPX.NET, AJAX
- Version Control Tools such as Bit bucket, TFS etc.
- SQL Server 2012 SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM, AXAPTA
- LINE Business Connect
- TIBCO EMS, BusinessWorks, etc or other SOA products
- Call center applications such as service request handling and related technologies such as CTI, IVR, ICM call routing, web self-servicing
- Developing distributed, multi-national, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural systems
- Service oriented/distributed systems
- Test and build automation
- Familiarity with J2EE, MSF, ITIL, TOGAF, etc
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities