Senior Software Engineer
Work in a fast growing, multi-cultural, international environment
About Our Client
Our client operates in 49 locations throughout the globe, providing reassurance to over 280 million users worldwide. By exceeding customer expectations delivering services in record time, the organization has established itself as a market leader in the mobile phone warranty business. On a mission to satisfy current and future customers by putting only the best professionals to work.
The successful candidate will:
- Work on application development using AWS lambda in Node.js, GraphQL, OAuth, OpenID Connect and so on.
- Develop new UI rich web applications, implementing features and functionality with React or other web technologies.
- Design, code, and debug the web apps - you'll own your feature work end-to-end.
- Understand and develop high-level architecture, keeping your eyes on non-functional requirements.
- Initially work together with an offshore team in India, maintaining the existing web-based call-center agent support, internal/external messaging and knowledge base systems.
- Work with outside data sources, API's, and 3rd party systems.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high-performance products.
- Perform Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work as part of an Agile/Scrum based development team to achieve sprint deliverables and acceptance criteria
- Able to work independently and proactively.
- Support leadership members, participate in hiring candidate interviews, onboard and mentor new team members.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years in relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience.
- 2+ years building web applications.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
- Understanding of Web application Design Principles.
- Proficiency using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management.
- Support to build up the new team.
- Be eager to learn new technologies.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Experience in developing and commercializing web apps.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team.
- Any experience in mobile technologies - Android or iOS.
- Experience with RESTful API access, handling JSON and XML.
- Experience in Automated Testing.
- Experience in Agile methodology, such as SCRUM.
What's on Offer
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Exposure to the latest data analytics and machine-learning technologies.
- Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables. Not sitting in the office all day and night.
- Opportunities: variety, innovation and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day.