Senior Sales Executive
Identify business opportunities, promotes and sell Sage's product
Work with a diverse culture/many different function to achieve the sales target
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE publishes journals, books, and library products spanning a range of subject areas. SAGE remains majority-owned by our founder, who has ensured that the company will remain permanently independent. SAGE Publishing employs more than 1,500 people globally with its APAC HQ based in Singapore. The Japan branch was established in 2012 with its office located in Kyoto.
- Generate and increase SAGE Journals sales in Japanese market.
- Be knowledgeable about all SAGE content including undertaking different/appropriate sales pitches when promoting to librarians and faculties.
- Undertake faculty calling directly to promote the digital library products.
- Make sales visits to universities and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Identify faculty ambassadors for digital library products.
- Organize strategic meetings and trips for the senior management to connect with government and key organizations or universities.
- Attend library and other society conferences. This includes setting up and manning of conference booth.
- Prepare weekly territory sales visit reports and quarterly conference research reports.
- Liaise and exchange information with other teams on market and customer information.
- Strong sales experience within all industries.
- Interested in the Publishing Industry with a keen outlook on learning new products.
- Strong communication style in both English and Japanese.
- An effective team player who listens actively and shows commitment to the team.
- Flexible working to plan your work and your working space accordingly.
- Frequent business trips within Japan.
- A full package of benefits, excellent opportunities for personal development, and a unique opportunity to focus on the long term in a commercial company which is secure from merger or acquisition.
- International and collaborative work environment with a diverse group of people who share a passion about fulfilling our vision of making SAGE the natural home for authors, editors and societies.