Senior Project Manager
Contribute to High Level Clinical Project Management at the Sponsor Level
Develop Advanced IMPs in Partnership with Innovative Biopharma Companies
- Leading global CRO with growing presence in Japan
- Participation in feasibility assessment of potential and ongoing (e.g. in case of scale-up) projects
- Contribute to the development of the project delivery strategy for Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in bid defense preparations.
- Lead bid defense presentations in partnership with business development for large, complex, multi-service, multi-region studies or programs.
- Understand project strategy and operationalise the agreed upon approach.
- Oversee the development of integrated study management plans with the core project team.
- Direct the execution of clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Recognize systemic issues at program or portfolio level and identify solutions with the project teams, recommend actions to improve efficiencies and oversee the implementation of best practices address escalation items with the customer.
- Set objectives of the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
- Monitor progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of large and/or complex studies or programs of studies.
- Portfolio management with assigned client/sponsor.
- Business level English and Japanese
- Communication - Strong presentation skills.
- Problem solving - Strong problem solving skills.
- Leadership - Ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback.
- Experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently.
- Leadership - Ability to make decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results.
- Organisation - Planning, time management and prioritization skills Ability to organize resources needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives and provide clear direction to others.
- Experience planning activities in advance and taking account of possible changing circumstances.
- Prioritization - Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
- Prioritization - Ability to work strategically to realize project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful delivery of the project.
- Quality - Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Quality - Results-oriented approach to work delivery and output.
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
- IT Skills - Good software and computer skills, including MS Office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Collaboration - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent customer management skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Cross-collaboration - Ability to work across geographies displaying high awareness and understanding of cultural differences Good understanding of other functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership.
- Finances - Good understanding of project financials including experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
- Opportunityz to contribute to high level clinical project management at the sponsor level / portfolio management
- Develop advanced IMPs in partnership with innovative biopharmaceutical companies
- Contribute expertise to expand a growing global organization within Japan