Senior Manager, Japan Datacenters
Manage multiple datacenters across Japan
Our client is one of the fastest growing Technology companies in the world.
· Hiring, managing, and developing the team including managers responsible for facilities, chief engineers, facility technicians and facility trainees.
· Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
· Responsible for the on-site management of shift technicians, senior shift technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
· Build and maintain sustainable organisational structure.
· Work with business development, real estate, engineering and construction team to forecast staffing and maintain.
· Mentor and develop employees.
· 7+ years of experience operating as a manager of managers.
· 10+ years of relevant experience managing mission critical facilities
· Ability to read and understand all technical documents needed for facility operations
· In depth knowledge of Data Center Facilities such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS, electrical sub distribution systems, fire detection and suppression systems, cable reticulation systems
· Business level English to communicate with global team
· Ability to respond to all facility related emergency in a timely manner, with sound recovery plans.
· Ideally able to converse in English and Japanese
· Mission Critical facility management experience for a large enterprise or large Co-location provider
· Knowledge in servers, network, and platforms
This is a very senior role and could eventually lead to a country lead position. In addition to a high base salary the successful candidate will receive stock compensation.