Senior Java Developer - Global Securities firm
Excellent working environment - WFH OK!
Competitive salary & No OT
About Our Client
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo.
Your role will have the following responsibilities:
- Work on implementing new functionalities/enhancements to the strategic system and domestic applications
- Take full ownership of assigned tasks and manage full software/project life cycle, starting from requirements analysis phase till deployment.
- Work closely with users & IT teams and propose/deliver technical solutions to meet their requirements.
- Level 2/3 support, involves working with production support teams on prod issues, fast turnaround on system fixes and addressing user's queries in timely manner.
- Participate in local/global conference calls and keep up to date local/remote manager
The Successful Applicant
- Hands-on developer with significant development experience in JAVA
- Good understanding & experience with at least one relational database (Sybase, Oracle, etc)
- Good communication skills
- English language at a business level or above
- Experience in writing good quality code with unit tests for Agile systems/projects.
- Good understanding of DevOps and experience in using DevOps tools
- Japanese language at business level or above
What's on Offer
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 10M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and advance your language skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company