Senior Human Resources Specialist - Tech Manufacturing
World renowned organization
Chance to partner closely with the business
About Our Client
This client has been around since the 1800s, which goes to show the stability and longevity of the business. Their products are renowned globally and impact a large number of industries. There are close to 1000 employees in Japan. There are 8 people within the HR team in Japan across different locations.
- Team with the HR Manager to promote employee engagement. Implement and coordinate employee engagement improvement activities.
- Performs a variety of HR activities to enhance and sustain positive employee relations in an employee involved environment.
- Develop and write policies and procedures, i.e., Employee Handbook, pending approval of the HR Manager.
- Team with other Managers and Supervisors to ensure the effective implementation of the HR policies.
- Recruits, screens, interviews and performs background checks. Refers qualified salaried applicants to appropriate management to maintain a quality work force geared to our progressive employment philosophy.
- Team with the HR Manager in planning and organising new employee orientation program.
- Orients employees to the Company policies, procedures, regulations, and fringe benefits including social insurances and pension systems to assure that they understand conditions and benefits of employment.
- Administers on a daily basis the benefits program including employee inquiries, problem resolution and data compilation.
- Administers and maintains working hours, holidays and leaves in accordance with company policy and regulations.
- Identifies, coordinates and evaluates necessary training and employee involvement activities that support plant goal accomplishments.
- Maintains confidentiality on employee-related issues while notifying only those in a need-to-know capacity.
- Responsible for applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected.
- HR Payroll Representative in absence of HR Payroll Supervisor.
- Performs other HR functions deemed necessary by the Human Resources Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- HR Generalist experience
- Compensation & Benefits understanding
- Familiarity with Japanese labour laws
- MS Office proficiency
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Fluent level Japanese and business level English
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team
What's on Offer
- career progression
- renowned organisation
- chance to develop HR skill set and develop as an HR professional
- work life balance
- flexibility around work style
- stable business situation
- competitive salary
- extensive benefits