Senior Director/VP - Corporate Finance
Strategic corporate finance and strategy role
Expansion of team, role can be based in Japan or Singapore
About Our Client
Our client is an established organisation based in Singapore, with an excellent track record of growth and brand name internationally. As they progress to the next phase of growth coupled with some regional expansion, there is now a need to hire a senior finance leader well-versed in corporate finance to better prepare the organisation for further development.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will be responsible for the group's overall corporate finance strategy and treasury matters. You will be responsible to support the senior management in the capital investment decisions, developing and implementing corporate and financing strategies, with a goal to maximise shareholders' value. You will also be conducting financial analysis and valuation, assessing commercial risks and returns for investment opportunities. This role will be involved with both local and overseas development projects, and will work with the relevant parties to implement the relevant corporate strategy and ensure optimal financing structure for the development projects. You may also be required to raise equity and/or debt financing for some of the investment projects.
The Successful Applicant
While the company is not entirely new, they want to take it to the next phase of growth and be more prepared for growth and expansion. Our requirements:
- A recognised university degree holder with at 10-15 years working experience in a corporate finance function/investment bank
- Business level efficiency in Japanese language as this role will be required to conduct and review contracts in the local language
- Experience working in an international bank and/or listed company would be highly advantageous
- Good understanding of regional financial markets and experienced in investment evaluations and funds raising
- Highly numerate with strong financial and business analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated capability of influencing relevant stakeholders at all level
- Strong relationships with financial institutions, rating agencies, regulators and any other relevant advisors/stakeholders.
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with a well-established group. Relocation opportunities.