Senior Category Manager, Softlines Private Brands
Global E-commerce leader
- Product Development: Manage the entire physical product lifecycle in Japan, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation. Work closely with the sourcing team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs. Support global product development team in building comprehensive global selection and manage new launches
- Business management: Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy, working with marketing team to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer
- Supply chain management: Partner with supply chain management team to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains
- Communications: Influence large number stakeholders across the business, both in Japan and in global teams; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results, and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced team player who is motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
· Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
· Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
· Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
· Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
· Candidate must have strong communication skills and be fluent in Japanese and English.
· Experience with product development, vendor management, in-stock management or PM.
· Ability to work in a global environment
· Experience with consumer research in fashion and beauty categories - Experience with Social Media and crowdsourcing techniques
· Experience in marketing, brand management, consumer insights at a consumer packaged goods company, or experience working closely with those functional areas
· Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
· Strong analytic skills with experience in statistical modeling and analysis
· Master's degree/ MBA preferred