- Work with cutting-edge tech in a successful company
- Secure your career in an ego-free environement
For candidates prepared to join a a dynamic technology group, put in your application today and get started with our quick hiring process. As an asset management company, we operate in a fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a well-rounded, senior application support analyst to liaise between our external vendors, end users and technology team to provide oversight and stability within our production environment. The right candidate for this role will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then our company could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
* Provide application support for systems used by front and back office functions and client distribution teams across end-users, vendors, and technology teams, troubleshoot business issues, solving problems to diverse investment teams and product aligned business areas
* Ownership and accountability for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform, including complex nightly data import processes from multiple external vendors
* Triage and escalation support for members of the broader technology team including evenings and weekends on a rotation basis
* Ownership and participation in the incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology/business reporting as well as communication
* Providing oversight for the stability of the production environment within the change management process and ensuring policies are enforced
* Relationship management internally with the investment teams, operations teams, audit, risk and compliance teams
* Navigate the broader technology organization, build relationships to manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partners
* Interface with external vendors and their technical support/development organizations ensuring focus to resolution of issues and strategic enhancements
* Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team
* Work in close partnership with the development teams to identify, escalate and help persistent patterns of issues
* Partner closely with testing and release control teams to move tested code into production
What You Will Need:
* 7+ years of experience in financial services technology, ideally with a focus in investment management. Strong understanding of the SDLC, with a focus on application testing, release control and support.
* A hunger for continuous improvement, constantly looking for opportunities to improve upon the status quo and a desire to improve the support experience for our business and technology teams.
* A tenacious sense of ownership and a desire to bring incidents to resolution quickly
* A disciplined approach to problem management, working with development and service management teams to ensure technical incidents do not reoccur
* Demonstrated experience with service management functions including tight adherence to change, incident and problem management practices.
* Partner closely with Agile development teams to ensure best-practice checks are followed before new releases and systems are moved into a production supportable state
* Experience working within a global organization effectively leveraging cross regional teams.
* Technical fluency in a variety of technologies including industry leading asset management vendor applications.
* Experience with the use and capabilities of Enterprise Scheduling/workflow software. Experience with Autosys preferred.
* Direct experience with the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA and Confluence.
* Documentation of systems, platforms, changes, incidents, resolution steps into online support wiki's and knowledge bases.
* Unix and Windows scripting experience. Experience with Java preferred.
* Experience with Sybase and MS SQL Server. SQL database query and reporting experience.
* Experience with the use and capabilities of ETL software, with a strong preference for Pentaho.What We Would Love to See:
* Very strong research, analytical, investigation, troubleshooting and evaluation skills.
* Experience working in a DevOps environment combined with a demonstrated experience in an Agile development environment
* Experience with assisting development, testing and release teams with CI/CD pipelines.
* Knowledge of the trading lifecycle, portfolio management and trading systems throughout the full application stack
* Self-motivated to operate independently and make necessary decisions within the global team
* Ability to prioritize effectively within a dynamic global environment.
* Strong team player, results oriented with a flexible approach.
* Ability to present technology concisely to the business locally and globally with a good understanding of the receiving audience.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent relationship building skills across multiple organizations.
* Comfortable operating in high pressure environments whilst managing multiple incidents across a global business.
* Ability to deal with and navigate difficult situations through strong teamwork and a focus on resolution.
* ITIL certification
- A lucrative salary and full employment benefits
- Exposure to new technologies in financial services
- A clear and secure career path