Senior Analyst - Leading Financial Services firm from the US
International team: English & Japanese communication every day
Fast promotion opportunities
This company is one of the worlds leading real estate orientated, financial services companies. The Japan office has seen tremendous growth of the past few years, due to smart and strategic business models to excel in the Japanese market.
As the headquarters are located in the US, and the Asian hub outside of Japan, your team will be truly international, with Japanese & English communication on a daily basis.
In line with Western company cultures, you are encouraged to share your thoughts and concerns with your team, and show initiative. In return, this will create promotion opportunities and overseas transfer options for you.
Support Asia finance-business, and provide strategic financial-advice. Your main tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with multiple stakeholders in business, help them formulate strategic initiatives to achieve plans for the year as well as drive management decision to grow the business
- Play an active role in pricing and constructing Business Contracts, with an aim to maximize shareholder returns
- Manage financial planning (forecasting, budgeting, etc.) and reporting requirements (related to monthly closing, and ad hoc) within specified timeframes
- Financial reporting, ensuring accuracy and correct accounting treatment in collaboration with country finance, region Finance, Account Finance and shared Service Centers
- Co-working with wider Finance team members (FP&A, Controllership, region Finance, Account Finance), prepare and analyze Budgets and Forecasts for the company
- Review Financial reports - P/L, BS and CF, with critical view and suggestions for efficiency and process improvement
- Financial reporting, deliver accurate numbers and value-added analysis
- Proactively engage in the internal project such as business re-organization, process re-structuring to improve efficiency both in Finance, but especially at the business side
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic / commercial initiatives and secure / improve the profitability and stable business growth
- At least 3 years in Finance, Accounting, or Financial/Business Planning
- Motivated to be involved with the growth of the business, from a financial perspective
- A team player who is positive, ambitious and commercially minded
- Business level English is required as this role will communicate with overseas offices in Asia
Beneficial, but not mandatory:
- Accounting experience within a consulting/advisory firm
- Knowledgeable with MS Excel, ERP (PeopleSoft, iScala), PowerPoint and reporting tools (TM1)
- Commercial finance experience (strategy, pricing, driving profitability etc.)
- Career growth: Fast promotion opportunities if you give good performance. Global mobility option. There is a dedicated HR team which focuses on On the Job Training for all employees.
- International working culture: The group Finance Director is non-Japanese. All staff are open-minded, honest, respectful and friendly. There are flexible working desks, so you can change seat if you want.
- Good Work-Life balance: only 15 hour overtime per month. Flex time. Work from home possible if needed.
- Others: Very low staff turnover. The office is very well designed, to be an example of the company's capabilities.