Senior Accountant - Listed Securities firm
Chance to promote to VP in 1-2 years
Pro-active and openminded work environment
This Securities firm has been doing really well in Japan and overseas, and has recently acquired a new subsidiary in Japan. Although most staff are Japanese, the environment is international and English is a must for this and other senior positions. They are mainly specialized in FX Trading.
Since the company is growing very strongly, you will be able to quickly grow your career as well.
- Assist the General Manager with regulatory filings: Support subsidiary oversight as well as consolidated closing of accounts including intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Recommend and implement strategic changes
- Process journal entries and ensure general ledger accountability per J GAAP for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Prepare monthly financial statements, management reports, and accompanying schedules
- Liaise with external auditors for financial and tax audits
- Lead and/or provide assistance with tax filings and other regulatory reporting requirements
- JGAAP experience
- Good communication skills and global mind-set
- Likes to work in a pro-active and fast paced environment.
Nice to have
- US/J CPA
- English communication skills
- Experience with J SOX
- Career path towards Vice President of the accounting team in the near future
- Pro-active, energetic and open minded working culture.
- Leading FinTech firm in APAC: First financial services firm in APAC that completely operates on the cloud.
- Strong company growth: Their Australian branch is making great profits, and they recently opened a new subsidiary in Japan
- Good Work Life balance: Everybody generally leaves before 7pm
- Stable company: founded in 1960's. Publicly listed firm