Senior Accountant - Leading German Manufacturer
Global Leader in its field with a strong presence in Japan
Work very closely with the Finance Director in an international environment
Putzmeister is a German manufacturer of concrete pumps and is the largest business in its field. The business was founded in 1958, and has since then, expanded across 150 countries employing around 30,000 staff.
Putzmeister also played a very big part in Japan after the nuclear accidents in Fukushima, where multiple pumps were flown into the area to stabilise the four reactors with additional water pumping capacity.
Putzmeister Japan has a small operation located in Tomisato Chiba, employing 20 staff and with an annual revenue of 15 Million Euro They are now looking to hire an additional Senior Accountant who supports the Finance Director.
- Accounts payable/receivable, payroll management and employee reimbursement
- Preparation and completion of monthly and yearly closing
- Monthly/quarterly financial statements and supporting schedules in collaboration with Finance Director
- Revenue recognition, inventory and fixed asset management
- Local banking activities
- At least 3-5 years of relevant accounting/finance experience
- Strong understanding of IFRS, J-GAAP as well as local Japanese statutory tax rules and requirements
- Fluent Japanese communication skills
- Business level English communication skills
- SAP or ERP system experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, focused and motivated mind-set
- Well-known German brand worldwide
- Dominant foreign brand in its industry in Japan
- As it is a small organization, this position will have exposure to all aspects of the operation to gain an extensive knowledge within the field
- Multi-cultural work environment (Regional HQ in Shanghai, worldwide HQ in Germany)