Search Engineer (Chaos Engineering)
Business -critical role in large scale online business
Attractive, international environment with various career path opportunties
Our client is an established yet fast-growing online business with deep roots in the Japan market
- Design, roll-out and automate chaos experiments to the resilience of our clients systems against hardware failures, dependency outages, traffic spikes etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and business owners to deal with vulnerabilities and minimize potential impact to the business while building tool and systems to generate resiliency
- Work with development teams to research cutting edge tools and practices in resilience engineering
- Work closely with a range of engineers in English (Japanese is a plus but not necessary)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related fields.
- Business-level written and oral English communication skills.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work using English
PREFERRED BUT NOT MANDATORY
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience in resilience, chaos engineering and operations.
- Understanding of core protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, caches, and distributed data stores.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems, networking, cloud computing, and service-oriented architecture.
- A large-scale systems with huge amounts of traffic and data to test yourself against
- An international and diverse team to work with
- A cool, emlpoyee-centric environment with perks
- A highly competitive salary for the Japan market