Sales and Marketing Director
International working environment
Great company benefits and perks
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational hotel empire with operations across the globe. With 99 hotel outlets and over 38000 rooms, this award winning 5 start hotel chain is looking for an experienced Sales and Marketing Director to look after their Japan market. With lots of global opportunities to grow into, this person must be willing to take challenges. Is this person you?
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities
- Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- Five (5) years of hospitality experience with progressive management experience.
- Proficiency in English (Spoken & written)
- Proficiency in Japanese is preferred but not necessary
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary and bonus program
- International working environment
- Global transfer opportunities
- Great company benefits and perks