Retail Director - Highly Established Luxury Fashion Brand
Act as a Key Contributor to the Success of Japan Business
Working in One of the World's Most Recognized Retail Companies
Our client is one of the world famous luxury brands with geographic footprint worldwide in over 100 countries. It is widely recognised as one of the most historic retail/luxury groups in the world.
- Achieve retail sales as per Original Budget, Revision 1, Revision 2 continuously sales results and action plans through weekly comments and sales reports
- Follow traffic and market trends, including competition (network processes/location)
- Fix all retail targets in numbers and all product mix targets in cooperation with Merchandising Team
- Initiate and supervise action plans to achieve sales targets and ensure proper implementation of Merchandising / Retail Training / CRM / Visual actions on the shop floor
- Recruit, manage, coach and evaluate store managers and staff
- Plan and execute incentives and retail staff remuneration policy with HR team
- Review and develop Office Retail and Store organisations for further sales growth and organisation development in line with the company strategy.
- Manage all store managers and staff on a daily basis (roasters), and make sure that all Brand routines are properly implemented (Grooming, Retail Training, CRM, Visual Merchandising policy, service to customers, CRM policy)
- Supervise stock operations in the stores. Make sure that stocks are properly managed in terms of space, quality, tools, product, inventory, internal control, stock tasks and security.
- Manage the retail performance tools and make sure that they are properly implemented (KPI reports, mystery shopping action plans, training)
- Implement on-site controls and make sure that all stores, in all aspects, comply with the brand standards. Make recommendations and actions.
- Education: University degree or higher
- Native level Japanese and Business level English
- Strong sales skills with a proven track record of retail sales development in luxury/fashion industry
- 7-10 years of experience as Area Manager in luxury/fashion
- Strong network with Department Stores
- Team development and management experience in mid-large size organisation
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership
- Result oriented, Planning Ability, Customer Focus
A fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded, well established brand in Japan with growth potential! You will be the second most senior person in this organisation and be a pivotal person in the Japan business.