Regional Safety Engineer - IT industry - Tokyo - up to 18M Yen
Foreign Multinational Company in IT
Challenging and rewarding job, develop your EHS skills with a professional team
One of the major actors of Data hosting in the world is looking for its next bilingual Regional Safety Engineer, based in Tokyo to implement safety standards, policies and practices. You want to work with a professional team to develop your skills in EHS? You have a straightforward personality and a very clear communication style? You always dreamt of working in the IT field? This job is made for you!
This Regional Safety Engineer, based in Tokyo, requires you to fulfil the following responsibilities:
Implement safety standards, policies and practices: safety management systems, training, and risk assessments
Collaborate with other groups (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services)
Ensure compliance to global safety programs and local regulatory legislation
Consult and work with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations
Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required
This list is non exhaustive. Other missions may be added.
To be a successful applicant for this Regional Safety Engineer, you will need the following:
- Experience in hands-on EHS policies and implementations
- Occupational Health and Safety background required
- No specific industry background required
- Personality traits: firm, leader behaviour, clear communication and confidence, clear sense of direction, able to speak up in groups and take the lead.
- Management experience ideally
- Knowledge of Japanese safety legislation
- Business level minimum in English and Japanese (JLPT N1 minimum required)