Regional / Asia CFO - Expanding IT / Online business
Control over 10 locations within Asia including established and start-up entitie
Commercial role which will have a chance to set-up and drive strategy across mul
Our client is a young, innovative IT / online business which offers a range of products built around understanding of user and customer behavior.
While their business was established only few years ago, they already grew to have their products integrated in over 10 different countries including an office in Japan.
Japan is one of the key investment countries as they have strong interest from Japanese investors, and see big potential to expand the business rapidly here.
While being based in Japan, the CFO will act as Regional / Asia CFO and control over 10 different locations across Asia.
Our client company is looking for a CFO with an ability to set-up a strong long-term strategy for the business to thrive in Japan and Asia, and increase its customer base (provide competitive market analysis, understand risks and opportunities within different sectors, etc.). While at the beginning the role would require to be "hands-on", long-term this will be a key business partnering role working cross-boarded with a strong voice to impact the direction of the business.
- Provide support to the the leadership team in accordance with the corporate vision and business strategy.
- Act as point-of-contact between HQ and Asia finance departments and assist the business on financial matters.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in departmental programs and operations
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Proven experience as a CFO or in a senior finance position with strong skills in all around finance / accounting matters.
- Experience within IT / online industry would be a plus but not required
- Strong language skills in both English and Japanese level (including ability to understand and read complex legal documents in Japanese)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and other stakeholders
- An ability to influence others at a senior level, and manage remote teams.
- Possess a positive 'can do' attitude where you are happy to roll your sleeves up to achieve the desired results.
- A high level of commercial acumen is required that goes beyond merely reporting the financial numbers on a periodic basis.
Our client is continuing its expansion across Asia, and hence the role has a potential to increase the scope in the near future.
CFO will be part of the Asia leadership team, and could receive equity from the business as reward based on his/her achievements.