Production Support Engineer - Global Securities Firm
Excellent working environment
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo but during the Covid-19 pandemic it allows flexibility for WHF.
- Application support and driving automation and efficiency
- Extensive interaction with various departments including Middle Office, Back Office, Compliance etc.
- Partner with application development and support teams to ensure smooth delivery of platform changes and upgrades
- Interaction with core infrastructure technology groups to ensure management and maintenance of application dependent core infrastructure
- Drive automation and operational efficiency
- Maintain team knowledge base of known issues, steps required to address particular issues, documentation of new processes and general updates to keep content current
- Ensure incident management procedures are followed for each and every reported issue to strengthen the knowledge base, and generation of KPIs for decision making and understanding application trends.
- Strong hands-on skills with SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Strong skills with either one from Java, Python, Perl
- Must have Excellent analytical and communication skills including ability to provide clear and concise status to users, consumers and leadership.
- Able to handle a fast paced production environment.
- Experience in Job scheduling software like Autosys
- Experience of monitoring software and maintaining and improving rulebases
- Be able to work in close collaboration with Infrastructure Support, application developers, offshore Core support resources, application Managers and developers
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms in Japan and globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 9M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and utilize/advance your bi-lingual skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company