Production Manager - Tokyo - Medical Devices - up to 18M
International medical devices company
High level of expertise, lean manufacturing projects and change management
- International medical devices companies, one of the leaders in the field
- Manufacturing highly technical devices for diagnostics, shipped to healthcare clients all over the world (Hospitals, Labs...)
- Highly strategic position: the Manufacturing Operations Manager / Production Manager develops manufacturing strategic plans and implements them to achieve better levels of productivity
- Implement change management practices within the manufacturing divisions
- Develop and manage businesses and budgets autonomously
As a Manufacturing Operations Manager / Production Manager, your role will be to implement and support the lean manufacturing and change management initiatives in the plant located near Tokyo:
- Strategy and strategy planning: develop the strategic objectives of the company, the production development guidelines and strategies, the team direction and leadership
- Objectives and budget control: set up the production system of the work objectives, the development of annual, monthly plans, regular review, manage and review budgets
- Process and system construction: improve the management process of the production system, operating the process and related documents; enable employees to understand, master, implement, and improve the efficiency of production management
- Internal and external coordination: organize the implementation, supervision and control of the production process of the indicators
- Personnel management and team building: set up a perfect production department of the team development plan and personnel training goal plan, guide and train subordinates to continuously improve performance, improve skills, build an efficient team.
- Participate in the internal audit of the company's quality system and the supplier audit work.
This list is not exhaustive. Other responsibilities might be added.
The successful applicant will display the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and or Advanced degree in the Life sciences, Engineering or Business
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing medical devices / life sciences products (MANDATORY)
- Manufacturing scheduling and planning, resource planning and management, budget planning and management, team leadership skills, communication skills, and employee development
- Strong leadership skills, results oriented, self starting team player
- Bilingual English / Japanese (strong written and oral communication required)