Excellent career progression possibilities
Central Tokyo location
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
The Product Analyst (Product Subject Matter Expert (SME)) is working closely with business 'product owners' to define, initiate and operationalize medium to long term strategic initiatives
- Work with key product stakeholders and the business community to understand the overall business vision for a product and translate that into an actionable objectives and build product roadmap.
- Writing executive level presentations, project proposals, business cases, and Researching market trends and incorporating appropriate industry practices or guidance into the roadmap.
- Collaborates with senior business partners to Drives IT/business initiative planning and business case creation.
- Proactively develop and maintain technical knowledge in business analysis, be up-to-date on current trends and best practices; leverages expertise to produce solutions that enable global consistency and standardization and facilitate exceptional performance.
- Advocates business partners' project prioritization across the organization.
- Influences priorities and decisions across the organization.
- Anticipates business changes and adjusts projects to align to new direction.
- Create and maintain current and future-state functional models, business process flows, and wire-frame diagrams.
- Influences and manages expectations of senior business partners and senior IT leadership.
- Drives IT initiatives to improve business performance metrics.
- Aligns IT strategic vision and agenda with business partners to ensure commitment and support.
- Promotes customer satisfaction (NPS) within the company for Clients and other departments
- Facilitate Business Analyst/Solution Architects to ensure the business requirements / Solution are consistent across the products.
- Develop deep understanding of current systems and processes and analyze impact of changes as new solutions are introduced to the environment.
- Focus on business process changes, improvements and requirements in the course of IT projects, ensuring that processes and procedures are considered in addition to technical requirements as well as managing agreed project scope.
- Supports in Initiation and envisioning phase for new product/features
- Supports in the audit and validation of systems as needed.
- Maintains a manner of leadership, influence, and flexibility to promote a team atmosphere.
- Manages and mentors product analyst staff to reach their full potential and creates a passion to help drive teams to a common vision.
The Successful Applicant
- People management skills for guiding/ influencing internal team
- Professional experiences in SDLC, Extreme Programming, Agile, MSF
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability in working effectively with all level of management and staff positions, including pressured situations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; Graduate Degree desirable
- Results driven, exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and strong sense of personal accountabilities
- Focused on excellence in own work and business/IT processes
- Experience working with diverse cultures, including working with offshore IT organizations
- Business experience in any of the following fields: Finance, Supply Chain, Forecasting, Call Center, Procurement, or Manufacturing/Refurbish.
- Must have good understanding of system structure but not necessarily system engineering skills.
- Fully bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Relevant enterprise experiences in management of external vendors (on/offshore) preferred, including multiple culture and languages
- Experience in proposing business enhancement or IT governance improvement desirable
- Experience in operations support desirable
- Experienced Business Analyst
- Understanding of Microsoft Solution Framework
- Background in Microsoft Dynamics or call center solution is preferred but not a must
- Occasional need to work off hours, Occasional need to travel within or outside Japan
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) is desirable but not a prerequisite.
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities