Procurement Manager (MNC)
Top International Management and Excellent Work Life Balance with Flextime
Multiple team management opportunity with scope for growth
Our client is one of the market leaders in the chemical industries, with an innovative and inclusive company culture and strong business in Japan. Despite of the current crisis the business is doing well, pushing their growth and maximizing the opportunity of hiring great talents.
- Effectively manage a ~$200 million portfolio of procurement in terms of ensuring security of supply, driving productivity and managing suppliers;
- Develop raw material and indirect purchasing strategies, including CAPEX negotiation plan, using Procurement Plans (Strategic Source Process);
- Optimize cash flow aspects for the all spendings;
- Understand market dynamics and comfortably work in/deflation environment, and be able to translate these into value added agreements with selected vendors;
- Develop strong internal relationships with factory and relevant businesses partners and influence other functions to implement procurement strategy;
- Manage and collect ongoing competitive intelligence and create operating rhythms that enable communication of key trends and information to business and functional stakeholders.
- Coach and grow team members to adapt to the global team, effectively negotiate with suppliers, conduct SSI/R2R projects and achieve business results.
- Be the representative of the Japanese team to the global procurement team.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Purchasing
- Knowledge of chemical business is preferable
- General PC skills (Excel: VLookup)
- ERP experience is preferred (SAP or other)
- Good communication and time management skills
- Business English
- Top International Management and Excellent Work Life Balance with Flextime
- Multiple team management opportunity with scope for growth
- Opportunity to use English in a daily basis
- Work with both domestic and international suppliers