Procurement Category Specialist
Highly reputable international brand
Excellent working environment and exposure
Our client has a long history in the chemical industry as an innovator and industry leader. The company has a strong, established presence in Japan and throughout the region. This is a newly created position to manage sourcing, supplier selection end to end cost analysis, procurement process optimization and deployment of innovation as part of the Japan team.
- Responsible for all sourcing and purchasing activity for indirect spend across North East Asia
- In Charge of all commodities including IT, Marketing and services spend
- Reviewing and optimizing supply base in Asia mainly Japan & Korea by developing sourcing strategy
Evaluate and recommend purchasing and sourcing decisions.
- Responsible for negotiating the price for all commodities across North East Asia.
- Conducts supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manages the overall supplier qualification process
- Facilitates the transfer of best practices and continuous improvement processes and the generation of new savings ideas
- 3-5 years of working experience in Supply Chain and or Procurement
- Chemical industry background is a plus
- SAP or other ERP system knowledge is a plus
- Good general computer skills
- Good communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Good career progression
- Good work life balance. Working hours from 9:00 - 18:00 with an average of 20 hours OT per month
- Competitive salary with full benefits (Social Insurance, Transportation allowance etc...)
- Highly reputable international brand