Payroll specialist role at a bio company
Temp to perm role
Working for a well-known company located in Shinjuku
Well-known bio-pharmaceutical company
1. Ensure to process timely and accurately the assigned country payrolls.
2. Implement process improvements related to payroll delivery.
3. Provide Tier 2 support to all country payroll queries, ensuring to deal with responses in a timely manner. Where required, follow up with vendors or escalate to direct manager or up on People Services hierarchical chain.
4. Use global payroll tools and prepare appropriate payroll calculations to ensure proper payroll processing.
5. Serve as a subject matter expert for time and attendance.
6. Facilitate and participate in governance process used for analysis and approval of allocated country payrolls work requests and projects.
7. Collaborate with People Services Total Rewards to understand the savings and benefits calculations and leave of absences and the impact these have on payroll calculation and declarations. Ensure clear understanding of end to end processes to ensure accurate payroll processing.
8. Collaborate on regular basis with the Service Provider regarding implementing and testing the requirements, programs and processes related to payroll and time and attendance.
9. Work with the payroll vendor to assess the delivery impact of HR management policy changes, regulatory or compliance changes may have on the service provider and Payroll operations. 10. Contribute in the implementation of payroll system solutions for acquisitions.
11. Proactively develop and maintain technical knowledge in payrolls remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
12. Interface with payroll and benefits vendors, as needed, to ensure compliance with established procedures.
13. Maintain and report a scorecard to communicate vendor SLA and performance to regional leads and to global process leaders.
14. Analyze vendor SLAs and maintain a scorecard to communicate performance to global process leaders and regional delivery leads
15. Follow the People Services processes in executing the job responsibilities: Global and the Localized Work Instructions (LWIs) for allocated countries. To maintain the LWIs content updated and in line with People Services requirements as well as country local legal and regulatory aspects.
・ Minimum 7 years of payroll experience for multiple countries is required or equivalent, ideally in a multinational environment ・ Proved prior experience in working with a global payroll vendor and in implementing/testing/operating with automated interfaces.
・ Workday end-user experience/ desirable SAP experience
・ Experience in project management is a plus
temp to perm role
Temp: negotiable around 2500 yen per hour
Salary for perm: Negotiable depending on previous package