Payroll Manager - Insurance
Manage one subordinate
Open culture and environment, great work-life balance
The client is an American insurance company that provides a flexible work environment, and great work-life balance for its employees with an average of 10 hours overtime.
- Coaching, mentoring, and performance management and conduct management for direct reports.
- Maintains current knowledge of laws, regulations, and company practices and policies related to payroll matters, along with an understanding of historical applications in the business.
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert on payroll activities and strategies with a lens to both compliance and business performance optimization.
- Interprets payroll laws and regulations within area(s) of payroll expertise in support of business activities and audits.
- Participates in the management of payroll regulatory risks by applying understanding of current and new industry practices.
- Provides direction to the team regarding complex payroll activities to ensure that payroll information is complete and accurate and that payroll activities support business objectives.
- Guides leadership in the development of long-term compliance strategies that optimize group or company performance.
- 5-8 years of experience in Payroll.
- Fluent in Japanese, conversational English.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Great salary and benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Management exposure