Operations Group Manager - Med Devices - Up to 20M Yen
International medical devices company
High level of responsibilities involving lean manufacturing projects
Our client, an international medical devices company, is looking for its next bilingual Operations Group Manager to join its teams based in Tokyo. You have experience in production improvement (kaizen initiatives) and a good track record of results? You are bilingual in English and Japanese? You believe in talent development, coaching and mentoring your teams? This job is made for you. Apply now!
As an Operations Group Manager, your role will be to support the kaizen initiatives in the Tokyo plant:
- Supervise three areas: production, QA, logistics
- Lead the kaizen activities and operations in all three areas to improve KPI: improve productivity and quality, lower the delivery times
- Lead, coach and mentor people: improve the performance, succession planning, talent identification and development, mentoring
- Supervise 3 managers and 15 indirect reports
This list is not exhaustive. Other responsibilities might be added.
The successful applicant will display the following requirements:
- Experience of production improvement (kaizen initiatives) with a track record of good results
- Ideally worked in a highly regulated environment (food, pharma, medical devices...) or a high paced culture (automotive,...), but not mandatory
- Black or Green Belt certification is a plus
- People management experience: coaching, talent development
- bilingual Japanese/English required (written and spoken)