Number 2 in Finance - Major financial institution
The current CFO wants this person to become the next CFO
Great work-life balance (Leave at 5pm every day)
This is one of the world's leading re-insurers, and have been on the Fortune 500 list for more than 25 years. Japan is one of their priority markets, and they are currently looking to hire the #2 in finance that can become the next CFO in the future.
- Work closely with the CFO in guiding the finance & accounting department.
- Establishment and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Prepare financial and other statutory/regulatory/tax reports and special analysis for the branch operations.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Budgeting and communicating with Japanese- and overseas counter parts.
- Cooperate with the CFO for external and internal audits and inspections.
- Development and implementation of financial, tax and statutory accounting and management reporting processes, by keeping up to date with IFRS and local tax and accounting regulations.
- Communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- At least 4-8 years of experience in finance, Accounting, FP&A, Audit, Treasury or Tax.
- Motivated to become CFO in the future.
- Good leadership skills.
Good to have
- Experience in Financial Services is advantageous.
- Management experience is advantageous.
- CPA, Certified Tax qualification and/or Nissho Bookkeeping is advantageous.
- Stable company: This is one of the world's leading re-insurers, and has been on the Fortune 500 list for 25+ years.
- Career growth: The CFO wants this person to become the next CFO, and lead the finance department in the future.
- Great Work Life balance: Core working hours are 10:00-16:00. People in the finance team that manage their time well, generally leave the office at 5pm every day.
- International working environment: At least 30% of the staff is non-Japanese. You will communicate closely with the headquarters in Europe, and the Asian hub outside overseas.
- Fast paced work environment: The Japan office operates independently, which makes decision making faster. This results in an efficient and fast paced working environment.