Marketing Communications Specialist
Large, multinational company
Opportunity to gain hands-on marketing communications experience
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of adhesives and related product with clients spread across several core industry areas including business in professional services, healthcare, medical and manufacturing as well as the public sector.
- Assist in the development of strategies to help meet communications goals; develop communications materials.
- Write, proofread and edit print and other forms of electronic and print documents.
- Write, edit and work cooperatively with other contributors to provide news, education and information content on internal communication.
- Update and create new information for external website.
- Recommend changes in procedures, which would improve the company's internal and external communication system.
- Plan, recommend and implement promotions and events that are designed to increase sales and provide publicity for the organization and its product line.
- Work with Marketing Manager to establish, track and verify promotion budgets and plan for purchases.
- Participate in the selection of promotional items and materials to support promotional events.
- Review work submitted by outside agencies/contractors to ensure accuracy, proper design, layout, copy, etc.
- Manage the logistics of trade shows and promotional events.
- Perform some ad hoc duties
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Advertising, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 1-2 years related experience
- Understanding of project management.
- Knowledgeable on developing clear, succinct articulation of communications objectives in the form of project briefs
- Good editing, proofreading, translation skills
- Creativity skills - including creative and art direction
- Possesses teamwork, leadership and facilitation skills in order to cut across many diverse functional disciplines and regional cultures
- Good presentation skills and persuasiveness
- Understanding of applicable computer systems such as Microsoft Office and function specific software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
What's on Offer
- Chance to work for a US-headquartered, multinational company
- Opportunity to extend and improve hands-on experience in marketing communications and communications